2020, quite literally the year the world was turned upside down and brought to its knees. And here we are in 2021 still living the surreal, apocalypse type of life that has become normal. However, I think it’s that which many of us, myself included need to appreciate. This pandemic, I’m sure, has given us all some life lessons, be them positive or negative, however, it’s how we take them and use them, as this continues, that becomes the real lesson.
So here’s a little reflection on the year that we’d all like to put behind us;
What have I learned this year:
- I’m never out of control. I control my life and my choices count for everything.
- Connections conquer all. Hold onto them.
- To keep learning. Be it educationally or just by reading.
What am I proud of:
- My boys. For the changes the last year has brought and their continued resilience to it.
- Myself. For knowing myself and recognising when I need time-out and taking it.
What I’m letting go of:
- Negativity. The glass is always half full.
- Saying no to experiences. We’ll try again with having a year of ‘yes’.
So here’s to 2021 and whatever it may bring. Let’s face it together.
Pin For Later: